Re: Customer requirement, a critque

On Mon, February 25, 2013 3:01 pm, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Am 25.02.2013 um 15:35 schrieb Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:
>
>> Also one can imagine extension instruction for XSLT which will invoke FO
>> rendering of a partial FO document. Based on result of formatting XSLT
>> code can then decide to throw away this result or put it into final FO
>> file.
>
> that sounds like a very reasonable approach to me. Thanks!

All we need now is someone to whip up a proof-of-concept extension
function for a XSLT processor that takes a tree of FO nodes and returns a
tree of area tree nodes and demonstrate it being called more than once in
one transform.

The low-hanging fruit would probably be FOP and either Saxon or Xerces.

Regards,

Tony.