Re: Where we headed?

On Wed, June 5, 2013 7:57 am, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 4 June 2013 19:31, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:

>> Back in the early 1990s, Uniscope had a transformation language for SGML
>> written in Scheme and a Scheme preprocessor and TeX macros for
>> formatting.
>
> Joe Armstrong uses \tex for his formatting, so I guess he understands
> the suitability of Erlang for this job?

Or he doesn't want to write a formatter at all.

>   He looked at FO and rejected it.

FWIW, Erlang also has it's own XSLT-like language [1], but I don't think
that means we should stop using XSLT [2].

Regards,

Tony.

[1] http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/xmerl_xs.html
[2] At one point I looked at bolting libxslt onto Erlang (so I'd have more
of an excuse to use Erlang) but the advice at the time from Erlang people
was that Erlang's foreign function interface wasn't stable enough for it
to be worth the effort.