Re: Customer requirement, a critque

From: Patrick Gundlach <gundlach@speedata.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 07:18:21 +0100
To: xsl-fo Community Group <public-ppl@w3.org>

> A strength of XML has been that non-programmers can do some
> sophisticated text processing with it.

I'd be interested to see how any non programmer creates XSL-FO objects.

> You can always come up with things a given system can't handle, of
> course. The idea is to make system that can handle all of the essential
> needs of most or all of the users, and enough of the inessential needs
> of those users to make them a little happier. It's not to satisfy every
> fantasy :)

Sure. I fully agree. The listing on the wiki is not fantasy though. The points I've written down happened to me in my rather short period of time of being a database publishing person.

I could continue this list, but there is no point since the problem class of other non listed items is the same as those listed on the page.

Patrick Gundlach
Berlin, Germany
+49 30 57705055