Re: Goal of this group?

Mohamed,

Section 2.2, and I will analyze this like a developer. In that one
section I am being required to check out over 20 hyperlinks. With all
due respect to Sir Tim Berners-Lee, excessive use of hyperlinks is bad.
They are disruptive if too many are used. A *few* links (known as
references or citations when we refer to classical printed books) is
fine...but when someone asks me to jump to over 20 hyperlinks in the
course of one desktop screen, just to figure out what they are talking
about, that's a joke.

I meant no disrespect by using the word "risible", but I suggest that if
people are able to implement EPUB systems, they are spending much more
money than needed just because the specs are too complex. My educational
background is physics and engineering, and we were taught to simplify to
communicate. I see few signs of that from W3C or IDPF or many other
bureaucracies.

And Mohamed, I agree that the point is more re-creation of new sub-specs
to re-solve existing problems. Between company rivalries, professional
and individual competition, personal aggrandizement and posturing, most
of us just waste most of our time. Technologies existed to solve
business problems a long time ago: we continue to invent new ones.

Arved