Re: ppl - Choosing a Chair for your Community Group

On Wed, March 14, 2012 11:31 pm, Tony Graham wrote:
> On Wed, March 14, 2012 12:40 pm, Innovimax W3C wrote:
>> I proposed Tony Graham and/or Jirka Kosek
>
> Thank you (and I'm sure Jirka would say the same).  Dave's also put his
> name forward, plus there's always the option of taking a stand against
> outmoded power structures and declaring that we won't have a chair in the
> ppl's republic.
>
> The suggestion from the W3C Community Groups site is to do a WordPress
> poll.  I haven't made one of these before, but it seems easy enough [1].
> I propose we wait a day or two to see if anyone else wants to nominate
> themselves or someone else and then make a poll that runs for a couple of
> (business) days.  I'd also propose allowing up to two selections in the
> poll answers in case Mohamed isn't the only one who wants more than one
> choice.  Hopefully the results will be clear enough to make it obvious
> who, and how many, are the ppl's choice.

Sometime later, and after a bug-fix to our ability to make polls (thanks,
Ian), I've set up a poll for the three names proposed so far, for rotating
the chair, or for no chair at all.  The poll should run for 28-29 March,
but I don't know what timezone the server thinks it's in so I don't know
exactly when it will start.

AFAICT, the voter management is currently by a cookie value only, so the
results should be anonymous to us.

It seems the poll isn't visible before it starts, but since we all have
equal access to the poll machinery, you can tweak the poll up to (and
possibly during and maybe even after) when it runs by editing it at
https://www.w3.org/community/ppl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-polls/polls-manager.php&mode=edit&id=2

Regards,

Tony.