Re: Is the group about "Print and Page Layout" or about XSL-FO ?

+1 for reviewing the CSS specs and XSL-FO spec(s) and looking for
conflicts and agreement.

One of my goals in joining this group is to help formulate a better
message for the raison-d'etre of XSL. I like Ken Holman's
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/whyfo.html in Dave's pages; a lot of
that is relevant still if somewhat dated, and maybe we can reuse nuggets
of that.

I know I got frustrated many years ago over the apparent
non-communication between XSL and CSS camps in terms of strategy. It's
disheartening to work on something when other folks appear to be headed
towards duplicating your effort. As a first step in establishing a clear
XSL(-FO) message I figure it makes sense to determine where positive and
negative overlap exists.

Arved