Subject: 7.22.2 overflow: :request to support of text-overflow
From:    "Adrian Stadelmann" <Adrian.Stadelmann@loewenfels.ch>
Date:    Thu, March 22, 2012 4:31 pm
To:      "xsl-editors@w3.org" <xsl-editors@w3.org>

Hi,
It whould be very helpful to use a text-overflow as in
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#text-overflow0

why:
the overflow="hidden" is not very useful for a print media in case of
text, because it may cut a letter.

Doing this outside of the FO namespace is also a bad solution because it
requires font size/style calculation.

see also my
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9807926/add-suspensive-dots-at-end-of-a-text-in-case-of-overflow-hidden
question.