Re: PROPOSED RESOLUTION (WAS Re: [Fwd: About include/excludeiripattern])

Hi Andrea.

why does it matter what they were *meant* for when they were designed
almost 40 years ago? by now Unix globs are just a pattern syntax.

BTW I just checked and there is a normative definition,
see http://www.unix.org/single_unix_specification/
which is an IEEE standard. I cannot point to the relevant part directly
because you need to register to access it, but it is
in the XCU part, Chpater 2, Sect 13 "Pattern Matching Notation"