RE: Using Linking Open Data datasets

Jun,

Yes indeed, interesting aspects here. I guess we have to determine which
facets can best be represented using the Semantic Sitemap Extension [1]
and which ones need additional work. What I've done so far is updating
the Wiki page [2] to reflect the current state of the discussion (I
hope:) and I'd like to ask you to add your pieces there as well (it's a
Wiki, after all ;).

I'm absolutely for reusing as much of the vocabularies that are around,
already. However, I'm not sure if e.g. a 'set:flyted rdfs:seeAlso
<http://spade.lbl.gov:2021/> ;' is strong enough.

Please note as well that we could learn something from 'Protocol for Web
Description Resources' (POWDER) [3] (I've cc'd the WG now). When we've
gathered some more requirements and know more precisely what we want to
express with it and what is out of scope, we might be able to come up
with a concrete proposal.

Good to see things moving on!

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://sw.deri.org/2007/07/sitemapextension/
[2] http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/index.php?MetaLOD
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/powder-use-cases/

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.

 http://www.joanneum.at/iis/

even
>> if all did, how can an application determine effectively and
efficiently
>> which LOD dataset might be good to use for a certain task? I don't
want
>> to propose a 'centrally controlled registry' with this idea, just a
way
>> to flag what to expect from a LOD dataset as a kind of jump start.
>>
>> A formal description of the LOD dataset would also be beneficial for
>> other exploration purposes, I guess. For example we could express
access
>> options for a LOD dataset (dump, SPARQL endpoint, etc.) or QoS
>> information, even trust issues or (user) ratings might be of
interest.

>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> While I'm here: In case you're around at ESWC08, come and join us at
the
>> LOD gathering [2]
>>
>> Cheers,
>> 	Michael