POWDER validator 0.1 online

From: Phil Archer <parcher@fosi.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:02:08 +0100
To: Public POWDER <public-powderwg@w3.org>

While Matt works to get our updated documents published and the LC
announcement made, I've been working on a validator for POWDER docs, now
online at [1].

I'm hampered by my lack of programming skill - what I'd like to have
done would be to use a validating XML parser but the best example of
that (AFAIK) is Xerces and the Perl documentation for that is
non-existent. If only I could do as they suggest and translate from the
C documentation. Ah well...

In the absence of that, Kev put me on to a method of using Perl modules
I can understand that implement XPath. It's a bit rough and ready for
now but so far it seems to work OK.

There's no upload facility yet - it just has a drop down list of
available examples - all the ones from the DR doc and a bunch of
(deliberately) invalid ones. I was checking through the examples from
the DR doc and found that example 2-14 was invalid. Shurely Shome
Mishtake in the validator? Actually no - that example really is invalid
- the pathstartswith element in the IRI set should be
includepathstartswith. So it was worht it just for that I reckon!

Matt - if you can put that right in the LC version of the DR doc 9and
the external example file) I'd be most grateful. And btw - did you atch
Kev's note about uploading the schema doc that makes rdf:resource valid?

Cheers

Phil.

[1] http://keg.icra.org/cgi-bin/pdrvalidate.cgi

--