Re: PROPOSED RESOLUTION: use dcterms for the maker element and rename to creator

From: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:56:35 +0100
To: Public POWDER <public-powderwg@w3.org>

All valid points Andrea.

I'm not sure how strictly property ranges are ever actually enforced.
There are plenty of instances of <dc:creator
rdf:resource="http://...foaf.rdf#me" on the Web and the range of
dc:creator is string. Actually, I believe it is this fact, that emerged
at the 2005 DC conference that I had the pleasure of attending, that was
one of the drivers for the change to dcterms:creator.

In other words, my guess is that we may well see quite a few
dcterms:creator elements pointing to a foaf:Organization class... and
UAs may or may not notice.