PROPOSED RESOLUTION: use dcterms for the maker element and rename to creator

From: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:00:46 +0100
To: Public POWDER <public-powderwg@w3.org>

Following my exchange with Dan Bri just now [1], I'd like to propose
that we change the name of the POWDER <maker> element to <creator> and
change the transform so that this becomes <dcterms:creator>.

Note that the legacy (and commonly seen) dc:creator just takes a string
whereas dcterms:creator has the range of dcterms:Agent.

This does not prevent using FOAF terms within a dcterms:Agent class
(which is good because FOAF has some very useful terms already) but it
does eliminate POWDER's formal dependence on FOAF.

We can consider the resolution properly next week at the f2f but if
there are any comments ahead of that, please speak up.

Thanks

Phil.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2008Jul/0028.html