RE: Another attempt at 'cascading DRs'

Hmmm...come to think of it...I think Andrea could really help us with
this :-)

I am thinking if

- scope A = a large area
- scope B = a small area

And

- B is a subset of A, meaning B is contained within A but through some
property different.

If I transfer this onto URIs, I can talk about paths.

A = *.t-online.de
A is a large scope

B = www.t-online.de/c/01/02/03/01020304.html
B is a small scope, but is also a subset of A

Irrespective of what precisely is listed in the path, it /*IS*/ more
specific than that used for the larger scope.

Some examples:

www.t-online.de/c/01/02/03/
www.t-online.de/c/01/02/
www.t-online.de/c/01/
www.t-online.de/c/

Are all subsets, but

www.someotherdomain.de/c/01/02/03/01020304.html

is not.

To summarize:

In CSS I define a style sheet and override this, on a "local" level,
with an inline style.
Here I would define the scope globally and everything that is within
that scope can override, on a local level, the global definition.

Restating the link-back mechanism, if the "local" DR would link back to
the "global" DR you make content discoverable.

Does that make sense?

Kai