struggling to understand conformance in POWDER formal semantics

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:10:52 -0600
To: public-powderwg <public-powderwg@w3.org>

I'm puzzled by this...

"Conformance with this document means that Description Resources may be
transformed from POWDER to POWDER-BASE to POWDER-S as set out below
without any change to their semantics. When querying or inferring from
the RDF/OWL graph, conformant implementations of this document will also
implement the semantic extension defined below."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/powder-formal/#conformancestatement

What product classes are being defined here?
I see "conformant implementations" but I don't really see
a definition of the form

  A conforming POWDER implementation is ...

as I'd expect.

I'd also expect to see something about conformance of documents,
though perhaps that's in one of the other documents? In which
case a cross-reference seems in order.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E