Report on Beijing

From: Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich <k.scheppe@telekom.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:25:59 +0200
To: "Public POWDER" <public-powderwg@w3.org>

Phil had asked about China and the WWW2008 conference.

Yes, there is something to report.
I gave a short presentation on POWDER.
It went fine, people seemed interested, there were few questions.

However, one point came up in several conversations with several people
- that of security.

Basically I was asked:

      How do you ensure that the DR which has been written does in fact
come from that person or entity?

I believe we had, a long time ago, discussed digital signatures, but
wasn't sure what had come of all that.

Question to the group:  Will we deal with that? And if yes, how?

The easy way out would be to say no, trust is up to the user and we
won't bother, but I was struck by how this point came up several times
independently, thus I think it is not something to be brushed aside.

-- Kai