Re: POWDER and OWL

From: Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@uninsubria.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:13:34 +0100
CC: public-powderwg@w3.org

Hi, Phil.

> Basically I see rules as a way to interpret DRs, rather than a way to
> express them.

Yes, they can be used for both purposes. In order to use a reasoner
supporting, say, N3 rules (like Cwm), to process DRs, you should do what
follows:
1. specify a set of rules which explicitly state which is the semantics
of a DR
2. specify a set of rules which translate DRs into rules, based on the
results obtained by the rules at point 1
3. specify a set of rules which process DRs based on the results
obtained by the rules at points 1 and 2

The only problem I see in your sample rule is that it asks to "put an
hyperlink." Well, it depends on what you mean. Take into account that
the results of a reasoner are a set of (RDF/OWL) statements (i.e., you
cannot modify HTML code).

Anyway, we'll have time to discuss about this later, after having
decided the new DR representation.

Andrea