Re: Question regarding the availability of services (and resources)

Michael,

I may have misunderstood but I'm not sure that POWDER is the best helper
here. We deal with generalised metadata that can be applied to lots of
things at once rather than the sort of use case you describe.

That said, I can see that we're going to face the same issue before
long. Some of us are working on a project that will see a service that
will handle Description Resources and talk to its clients over SOAP (the
inevitable SOAP-POWDER made manifest...) but if our service is slow,
clients will want to talk to a mirror or some other service. Hmmm...
maybe this is a job for the Rule Interchange Format folk
(http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/)?

Phil.