Re: includePathStartsWith and initial /

From: Andrea Perego <andrea.perego@uninsubria.it>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:36:24 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
CC: public-powderwg@w3.org

Hi, Jeremy.

Leaving aside for the moment the main issue, I have a question on your

If I've correctly understood, you're saying that, in
mailto:jeremy.carroll@hp.com, jeremy.carroll@hp.com is the URI path. Am
I right? But according to the URI specification [1], mailto: should be
the URI scheme and jeremy.carroll@hp.com should be the URI authority
(which can be further split into: jeremy.carroll -> URI user infos;
hp.com -> URI host).

Syntactically, URI (absolute) paths must always start with / . However,
we do have the problem you're pointing out, but, as far as I can see,
the option requiring that / *must be* excluded and the one requiring
that it *must be* included are equivalent. Actually, the former has the
advantage that we can consider / as implicit, and avoid repeating it any
time we specify a pathStartsWith constraint.

Does this makes sense?