Re: Is POWDER working group looking at ACAP?

From: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 11:33:01 +0000
To: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>
CC: "public-powderwg@w3.org" <public-powderwg@w3.org>

Thanks for this too, David.

Yes, I and others in the POWDER group are aware of ACAP and I've met
with them in the past. However, your note is a good reminder that it was
too long ago (last summer) and that I should re-connect with them soon.
Another action item...

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:
> This seems closely related to POWDER:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2007Dec/0002.html
> [[
>> Following a successful year-long pilot project, ACAP (Automated
>> Content Access Protocol) has been devised by publishers in
>> collaboration with search engines to revolutionise the creation,
>> dissemination, use, and protection of copyright-protected content on
>> the worldwide web.
> ]]
> Is the working group looking at this?  Is there coordination potential?
> David Booth, Ph.D.
> HP Software
> +1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
> http://www.hp.com/go/software
> Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Phil Archer
Chief Technical Officer,
Family Online Safety Institute
w. http://www.fosi.org/people/philarcher/

Register now for the first, annual Family Online Safety Institute
Conference and Exhibition, December 6th, 2007, Washington, DC.

Go to: http://www.fosi.org/conference2007/ today!