Re: clarity of examples Re: Comments on Grouping of Resources

Quick note on this.

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
[..]

> Perhaps we should also note that
>
>  <wdr:includeHosts>example.org</wdr:includeHosts>
>  <wdr:excludeHosts>.example.org</wdr:excludeHosts>
>
> Is what you need unless you want to implicitly include anything in a
> subdomain. Note that there are coordination discussions on this topic
> with the WAF group, and there is a precedent in P3P, so alignment here
> is an ongoing pursuit.

The agreement reached with the WAF group on the relevant public lists
and now being written up by them and us is that you should include a *
character, so your example, Charles, would be

[] a wdr:ResourceSet;
    wdr:includeHosts "example.org";
    wdr:excludeHosts "*.example.org";

i.e. example.org implies example.org AND ALL its subdomains.

*.example.org just means the subdomains of example.org but not
example.org itself.

(Actually, we should probably take a formal resolution in the POWDER WG
to do this but it'll come up when we discuss the next iteration of the
Resource Grouping doc)

Phil.