Re: Status of W3C POI WG

I updated the POI WG wiki with the latest info:
http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Main_Page#News

It seems to me like a chicken and egg problem. A lot of people I talked to didn't want to implement until there was an approved standard, and W3C didn't see demand because of the lack of implementations. So the W3C angle has been to move the work to a community group. There is strong interest in the OGC membership for a strong data model approach to POIs, so OGC is pushing forward with the conceptual modeling and XML encoding (and I hope this will eventually be submitted to ISO).

The Places Community Group is the place to be for RDF and microdata work. I'm working on a sample microdata markup that I will share soon.

---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count.
http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/organization/staff/rsingh