Re: yaw, pitch and roll ? and position accuracy?

Ive been quite busy with many other things lately....but either I've
got the wrong end of the stick here (which is quite possible), or this
could be quite an oversight.

The bare minimum for AR requires both position and orientation
specified in the spec. Without yaw, pitch and roll specified,
positioning a 3d object accurately in the real world is essentially
impossible.

This isn't so much a presentation issue, but quite a fundamental one
to the association of any non-point based information to a real world
location. Both position and direction are needed for any complete
reference system to work.
That doesn't mean it always needs to be specified....a lack of
orientation info could be interpreted by a client as "always face
viewer".  But certainly the information needs to be there as an option
and I don't think it purely applies to 3d or AR use.
(for example, associating a image map tile from a satellite to a
location would also need a orientation specified)

-Thomas Wrobel

~~~~~~
Reviews of anything, by anyone;
www.rateoholic.co.uk
Please try out my new site and give feedback :)