Fwd: ISSUE-17 (dynamic-pois): How are POIs with dynamic properties represented?

From: Thomas Wrobel <darkflame@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 00:20:50 +0200
To: public-poiwg@w3.org
Do we need this within the POI itself?
The data source distributing the POIs could give the dynamic
properties itself - (in our case, we are streaming updates to clients,
allowing POIs to move by their location co-ordinates been
changed....actually a quite like a IRC bots work). Meanwhile if a
webpage distributes a POI either PHP or Javascript could be used to
create/manipulate it.

I think a POI should be seen as just a way to position data - not as a
source of manipulation itself.
(ie, if we are thinking POIs should have "onclick" and such this,
imho, is the wrong road - the item being positioned by the POI might
have all manor of functionality, but the POI should really just be a
data standard for the positioning).

Animation meanwhile is easy - the data your linking too should be animated ;)
(ie, a animated 3d mesh format)