Re: [AR Standards Discussion] A Uniform Resource Identifier for Geographic Locations ('geo' URI)

I gave it a very quick read over and it does indeed have much of
that's needed (including a default co-ordinate system while being able
to specify others, as well as a accuracy spec).

However, I think it lacks any orientation specification which we would
need. So we could adopt the key/value pairs used here, but would need
to add additional ones as well. We could of course use the standard as
is, but include the additional data as separate fields - but that
would lead to more complex parsing.

I'm also not completely sure I like how circle and sphere regions seem
to be defined just by a "uncertain point"...seems like data stored in
that way could be ambiguously and vulnerable to be interpreted in
different ways.
[/my 0.0143918euros]

I agree however, this should certainly be discussed and added to the
existing standards list.

-Thomas

~~~~~~
Reviews of anything, by anyone;
www.rateoholic.co.uk
Please try out my new site and give feedback :)