RE: Action 25 - POI Relationships

As promised I took a stab at fleshing out the "location primitive".

Locations Primitive

Goal:
Provide a rich and flexible description of a location
De-couple or isolate the description of a Place of Interest from its geospatial location, since many Places can be at the same location, and Places of Interest can change locations.
A Place Of Interest has one location.
A Place of Interest can be a parent to other Places Of Interest each with its own location to allow for the representation of complex places that are the aggregate of a collection of Places (campuses, business with multiple entrances, large constructs like parks, etc.).
It should not be inferred that each of the elements within the location primitive are not spatially synonymous, but do refer to the same place.

High Level Attribution:

Place Of Interest
Location
Identification
Geo-Reference
Map-Reference

Location Attribution Details

Location

Identification
                ID (optional)
Identification System or Service
ID
Associated IDs
Name
Last Updated On : Date/Time  (optional)
Updated By : owner / author (optional)
Use : public, private, restrictions (optional)
Trustworthiness : degree of certainty the author has in the accuracy of the location

Geo-Reference

Point (optional)
                                Type
High-precision - resolved to a level of granularity that enables a person to get within a few meters
Interpolated - estimated point on a street
Low precision - are meant for approximate locations, general areas

Center Point Coordinates (need at least one point descriptor)
System - assumes WGS 84 (optional)
Longitude
Latitude
Altitude : defines the height in meters above or below sea
level

Navigation Coordinates
System - assumes WGS 84 (optional)
Longitude
Latitude
Altitude

Address (optional)
ISO country code (ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 country code)
ISO Language Code (3-alpha MARC language)
Street (can contain a variable mix of house number prefix, suffix, street base name and or street type)
floor (optional)
suite (optional)
area(s) (can contain a variable mix of administrative regions,: neighborhood, city, state, etc.) (optional)
postal code (optional)

                Line (optional)

Points (repeating for a directed linked list of points)
Point
                                                                Start/End/way point
System - assumes WGS 84 (optional)
Longitude
Latitude
Altitude

2D Polygon (optional)
                                Points (repeating for a directed linked list of points)
Point
                                                                Start/End/way point
System - assumes WGS 84 (optional)
Longitude
Latitude
Altitude
3D Object (optional)
TBD

Area - not really needed as can be represented by a Center Point +/-, polygon, and or address with admin area data only

Unknown (optional)

Relative (optional)
Distance
Bearing