vatgi

From: BARTH LIONEL <LBARTH@hachette-livre.fr>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:28:46 +0100
To: "public-poiwg@w3.org" <public-poiwg@w3.org>
Hi,

I am working as editorial computing manager at Hachette Tourisme, a department of Hachette Livre in charge of publishing travel guides.

We have participate a few years ago with other main european touristic information publishers in a european project named 'VATGI' : Value-Added Thematic Geo-Information.
One of the results of this project was an exchange standard for the exchange of value-added thematic geo-information.

As the project has finished just after the dotcom bubble explosion and the marketing part of the project never succeeded, the dtd that has been produced has never been promoted.

I do not know if the work we made can be useful or not for the POI WG so I send the dtds and the report I have made in 2001 to Matt Womer who advise me to send a note to the whole group.

If you have any questions about this work, I'll be glad to answer you.

Regards,
Lionel Barth

Editorial computing manager
Hachette Tourisme