From: public-poiwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-poiwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andy Braun
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:43 AM
To: Public POI @ W3C
Subject: ID primitive

On today's Teleconference the ID primitive was briefly discussed.  Karl Seiler recommended that we look at what data should be encompassed in a POI's idea. Does it encompass geodata? Other Data? Surely there is something better than a 64bit number.

While I dont have a solution I do have a few thoughts.

With the assumption that the ID is permanent, can it include info that is not permanent? For example if there is a POI for a Circus and we include Geodata in the ID does that imply that circus can not move? If as discussed a POI has a relative location how is that capture?

Is there a decent permanent piece of information that can be added to the ID? Or is location fine except for the edge cases above?

The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.