RE: The Object Primitive

IDs.

I included (and you inherited) the idea of associated IDs. My thought here was not to represent relationships, only to support the concept that IDs for the same location can change over time or go in and out of use, and this attribute provides linkage to the old IDs.

Sometimes IDs are retired and replaced, or are depreciated and deleted. Since we are not going to provide any inherent sync-ing mechanism then one system can be carrying old / bad IDs. This attribute can convey a reference bad to old IDs, allowing out of sync systems to bridge their persistent IDs forward.

Admittedly kind of obscure.

Trustworthiness

Trustworthiness : degree of certainty the author has in the accuracy of the

object

What makes an object more or less accurate?
I think mobile things expect and require a higher degree of accuracy and therefore trustworthiness in the confidence in their location. The use cases get rare but render something like: we know it is moving, near or around this building, but we really do not know where it is right now.

FYI - I did post a Location Primitive revision.

Karl Seiler
Director Location Technology & Services
NAVTEQ - Chicago
(T)  +312-894-7231