Re: Categorization + Whether a POI must have location

" to let users create POIs for Art of Computer Programming, Easter
,The Social Network "

No, because they arnt POIs.
We arnt trying to make a database of all concepts here. (Thats what
Linked data is for, theres already plenty of databases forming for all
sorts of conceptual things;
http://www.schemaweb.info/schema/BrowseSchema.aspx has a few)

A POI could have a category, but that doesn't mean all categories are POIs.

"Can users create these POI’s with location as unknown.?"

I hope not, to me that seems exactly like making a "href" in html
without pointing it anywhere - its meaningless.
I vote strongly for POIs needing a location (of some form) in order to
be valid.
To me a POI should, essentially, be a physical hyperlink - a way to
link the real and virtual worlds together in some form.

-Thomas

~~~~~~
Reviews of anything, by anyone;
www.rateoholic.co.uk
Please try out my new site and give feedback :)