RE: WG Objectives - A Personal Take

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your comments.

I know exactly what is  the deliverables of POI WG in current phase.
But I'd like to talk to you what would be WG's goal.

As you can see the POI WG charter,
http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/charter/
"The mission of the POI WG, part of the Ubiquitous Web Applications Activity,
is to develop technical specifications for the representation of "Points of Interest" information
on the Web."
"This group will primarily focus on POI use within AR applications
but will strive to ensure reusability across applications."

I think there are two key point :
 1) our job is part of the UWA Activity
 2) develop technical spec. for the representation of POI INFORMATION ON THE WEB

I remember when we are starting to set up this WG,
We were talked about "start do something precise and simple".
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/16-w3car-minutes.html#item09
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/w3car/report.html

For that reason, we are starting to focus on the POI scope.

But still, I think the long term of WG's goal is
to develop technical specification for AR on Web.
So now, in first stage, we are trying to develop the specification for
the representation of POI INFORMATION ON THE WEB.

Therefore, we need to try both scope : narrow scope and broad scope.
I think POI is a key element of AR on the Web, but it is not all of AR on the Web.

Best Regards,

--- Jonathan Jeon