Re: Action 10 - What Is A POI? - "Place-Oriented Information"?

From: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:22:16 -0500
Cc: "public-poiwg@w3.org" <public-poiwg@w3.org>
To: roBman@mob-labs.com
I've worked for a number of years in the IETF ECRIT and GEOPRIV working group, which have defined a range of location-based protocols. Current use is primarily in emergency communication (NG911). See RFC 5222 et al. Thus, my "bias" tends to be large-scale, long-lived systems that need to interoperate reliably.

Henning