Re: resend: definition of a 'thing'

As per our discussions today, we seem to be in agreement that specifically including NFT, RFID or other sensors into the spec is not in scope.
But we also seem to agree that non-spatially or non-temporally static POI's definitely need to be covered by the spec.
We main not agree exactly how to describe now to track this point, but we need to give some form of URI or additional attributes that would allow it.
I think that a URI that describes how the phone would go about identifying and tracking an object is reasonable.
I think a URI that points to a service that will report the location of that object (i.e. milk truck) is reasonable.

There was also a suggestion from Gary that a POI without any sort of modifiers we considered static and permanent.
Christine and I objected to the suggestion that the "majority" of POI's will be static and permanent in the near future, but I think we agree that the data format need not be accused of dictating such assumptions.
From the phone meeting IRC:
"<Alex_>Just because the data format with no modifiers means a static and permanent POI doesn't mean an endorsement that the majority of POI's are of this type ...
 ... those temporally short or dynamically tracked POI's will have more attributes in their respective databases but if they are no longer here in time or space the query should not return them (unless you want it to)."
Alex