From: public-poiwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-poiwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Raj Singh
Sent: 28 October 2010 16:46
To: public-poiwg@w3.org W3C
Subject: POI data model

I changed centroid to anchor and made a new section for listing types of anchors. We can worry about the extensibility mechanism later.

Jens, I worry about anchors that only have 2D or 3D grid references within a building. It seems to me much harder to ensure interoperability and "linked data" without a common geographic reference. Maybe every space can at least have a geographic anchor for the enclosing building, then use a local grid reference system (x,y,z) to go from the building's anchor to the individual space.

Can you post your suggestions to the wiki?

---
Raj
The OGC: Making location count...
http://www.opengeospatial.org/contact