Re: Next steps

On 19/08/2010 09:49, Hermodsson, Klas wrote:
> I think two levels (i.e. [criteria]<>[data]) is too simplistic. I would like to see a three level approach:
> [criteria]<>[representation]<>[actual data]
>
> This is of course more similar to links on the web. A web link can be represented by a text string, an image etc. In a similar way (AR) POIs should have a separation between the actual data and its representation as a POI.
>
> It could be visual (e.g. flat icon, 3D model, text), audio, tactile feedback and so on. It could also be a combination for a more poweful impression or listing several representations in order to enable different type of devices to deal with it depending on its capabilities (e.g. a device with no screen needs the audio or tactile representation).

Hello Klas,

I'm not really seeing this (yet). They way you put it, isn't the
representation implicit in the type of data that's being linked? As in,
if the [actual data] is X3D we're dealing with a "visual" representation
(of the subtype "3D model") and if it's an OGG container with a Vorbis
stream inside it's an "aural" representation, etc.

Regards,

Jens