Re: thoughts towards a draft AR WG charter

hi Dan and Matt,

Thanks for carefully articulating what you see to be the challenges.

To me, Dan's post [1] makes different points but is very consistent (at
least not at odds) with the post by Rob which followed sequentially [2]
but was part of the thread "The Three Letters of the WG".

@All

could those on the list, including (a) those with the most W3C positions
and (b) those with the most AR implementation experience, post what they
feel are the strengths or weaknesses of the proposal in [2] to establish
a Patterns of Interest (POI) WG which covers Points of Interest as a
specific case?

--
Christine

Spime Wrangler

cperey@perey.com
mobile +41 79 436 68 69
VoIP (from US) +1 (617) 848-8159
Skype (from anywhere) Christine_Perey

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-poiwg/2010Aug/0031.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-poiwg/2010Aug/0032.html

On 8/7/2010 5:55 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
<snip>
> My personal hope is that we see POIs as an artifact and place-oriented
> view into this kind of Web of factual data, and consequently can take
> an ambitious approach to scoping and extensibility in which the
> species of a tree, the number of pupils of a school etc are all
> relevant information and discoverable within the POI description. And
> [crucially if our little screens aren't to fill up with clutter]
> available to use as properties for filtering on.

<snip>