Re: thoughts towards a draft AR WG charter

Hi Phil, everyone,

Ah, a concrete example!

On Aug 3, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Phil Archer wrote:
<snip>

> <item>
>  <criteria>
>    <image>http://philarcher.org/wine/2000/st_emillion/grand_cru</image>
>    <location>any branch of Carrefour or Wal-Mart</location>
>  <criteria>
>  <description>
>    <text>Delicious. Buy it</text>
>    <star_rating>5</star_rating>
>  </description>
> </item>
>
> If the two conditions in the <criteria /> element are met, then and only then does the description apply.
>
> For me, the trigger is that the two criteria have been met. The data remains static.

What I don't follow in this example, is why "criteria" has to be spelled out separately and isn't instead represented as a set of additional properties for a query/trigger/search/whatever to match against?  What, for instance, if the "trigger" is a plaintext search?  Say, I wanted to find something "delicious".  Would you then have to duplicate item/description/text into item/criteria?  I don't see how triggers would be any different than other property of a point of interest.

Anyway, I've cobbled together some draft text based on these discussions and Jonathan's draft charter and put it in the POI wiki:
	http://www.w3.org/2010/POI/wiki/Draft_Charter

While it's in a wiki, I think it's best if we discuss changes here, rather than have everyone make changes directly.  I'll distill the discussions into edits.

Thanks,

-M