Re: thoughts towards a draft AR WG charter

Christine Perey wrote:
[..]

> I think there is something (a trigger) which is defined by the publisher
> and stored with the data (augmented information) which the publisher has
> made available in the standard AR data format.

Ah, right, I think I'm starting to see what you mean and, if so, that
we're actually in agreement.

To continue my earlier example, the data about a bottle of 2000 St
Emillion Grand Cru is clearly about that particular product. Now, I
might, as a publisher of information about that wine, also say that my
data is only applicable if you are in a branch of Carrefour or Wal-Mart.
In that case, the publisher is setting two different criteria and both
need to be true before the data is relevant.

As I like to think in terms of angle brackets I end up with something
like this:

<item>
   <criteria>
     <image>http://philarcher.org/wine/2000/st_emillion/grand_cru</image>
     <location>any branch of Carrefour or Wal-Mart</location>
   <criteria>
   <description>
     <text>Delicious. Buy it</text>
     <star_rating>5</star_rating>
   </description>
</item>

If the two conditions in the <criteria /> element are met, then and only
then does the description apply.

For me, the trigger is that the two criteria have been met. The data
remains static.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer