Re: [pointerevents] Should pointer capture work when element is in non-browsing-context

From: Mustaq Ahmed via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:35:21 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
Are events even dispatched to the created document? Or orphaned nodes
in general?If it is the case, I think we shouldn't allow capturing.

The following case is similar but trickier:
target.setPointerCapture(id);
document.body.removeChild(target);
document2.body.appendChild(target);
Should we release the capture when target is orphan?

I checked it in Chrome, with document2=document. The capturing is not
effective---perhaps EventDispatcher is smart enough to handle this.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mustaqahmed
Please view or discuss this issue at