Re: [pointerevents] PointerEvents should have fractional coordinates

From: Rick Byers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:57:14 +0000
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
In our call today I said I'd file a bug on UI Events to adopt the
`double` values.  There's already a bug at
https://github.com/w3c/uievents/issues/40, but I don't think we can
quite claim that implementations match this yet.

In Chrome, `(new MouseEvent('mousedown',{clientX:5.5})).clientX` still
 returns 5 (though @mustaqahmed is [fixing
this](https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=456625).

In Edge, even `(new
PointerEvent('pointerdown',{clientX:5.5})).clientX`returns 5 (but 5.5
as expected in Chrome).  What's up with that @teddink, surely that's
just a bug (given that the browser itself does generate events with
non-integer co-ordinates) right?

So let's wait until we've got at least these implementation issues
addressed and behaving consistently between Edge and Chrome before we
push to adopt the IDL change into the UI Events spec.

WebKit and Gecko still use `long`, not `double` in their MouseEvent
IDL.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by RByers
Please view or discuss this issue at