Historical points API implementation interest in Gecko?

Hey,
As discussed in the PEWG call today, we're interested in implementing the
historical points API <https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/issues/22> in
blink.  We care mainly because it allows us to improve smoothness and
performance of common scenarios (by better coalescing and aligning
pointermove events to vsync), while still giving art scenarios a mechanism
for getting the full position detail for input devices whose frequency is
greater than the display frequency (following the same model already common
on iOS and Android).  For example, we consider Android stylus art scenarios
to already be pretty crippled without this feature (since on Android the OS
already throttles input events to vsync so we're already limited to 60hz
reporting rate).

Ted says this API is unlikely to make it into Edge in the next year.  So
the question is whether there's any interest from Mozilla in implementing
it in Gecko eg. in the next 6 months or so.  If not then we likely can't
take Pointer Events v2 to REC with this API in there, and we should just
move it now to a separate post-v2 incubation document.  But if it might
make it into Gecko in time for V2 to go REC then we might as well put it
into the V2 spec.  Of course we can always pull it out later if we guess
wrong and don't want to hold REC on this, but we might as well make our
best guess now.

So what do you think, worth planning on Gecko having this API sometime in
time for REC (eg. the next 6 months), or better to expect that it will not?

Thanks,
   Rick