Subject: [wbs] response to '2016 Technical Plenary/AC Meetings Week
Logistics for the Group Meetings (for Chairs)'
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:09:01 +0000
From: Patrick Lauke via WBS Mailer <sysbot+wbs@w3.org>
To: redux@splintered.co.uk, w3t-tpregister@w3.org

The following answers have been successfully submitted to '2016 Technical
Plenary/AC Meetings Week Logistics for the Group Meetings (for Chairs)'
(Chairs and Team Joint Group) for Patrick Lauke.

> ---------------------------------
> Name of your Group:
> ----
> What is the name of your Group?
>
> If your Group would like to meet during the All Group Meetings part of
> the TPAC 2016, please list your name below.
>
> Note: Fill out this questionnaire once. If you try to answer it again for
> another Group, your first answers will be deleted. If you want to give
> information for two Groups, note the name of the other other Group for
> which you are answering and if the information is the same or different
> for both meetings in the Comment box. Alternately, appoint someone else
> from one of your Groups to answer the questionnaire.

[ Pointer Events Working Group ] Reply here with a Group name if not in the
list:

> ---------------------------------
> Attendance:
> ----
> What is the estimated number of people in your Group who will attend your
> F2F meeting?
>
> Please try to be as accurate as possible. Meeting space is limited and if
> your Group is smaller than your estimate, you may prevent another Group
> from being able to attend. If your Group is larger than your estimate it
> may be more difficult for us to make sure we have enough large rooms for
> all the Groups who wish to attend.
>
> If your Group will NOT be able to attend the meeting please write "will
> not attend" in the comment field below.   The system is such that you
> will have to answer the rest of the questions so please answer "0",
> "none" or "no" as appropriate in the choices below.

Reply:
5

> ---------------------------------
> Days preference:
> ----
>
> Please let us know your preference for a one or a two-day meeting.
>
>  If your Group would like to request an additional third day, please
> indicate that in the comment field.  We will be able to determine whether
> or not three day meetings are feasible only after making sure all Groups
> that want them have two days.
>
> We will do our best to provide you with your preferred days but cannot
> make any guarantees.

[ None ] Comments:

> ---------------------------------
> Flexibility:
> ----
> Is your Group flexible about meeting days? (If you prefer Monday/Tuesday
> would Thursday/Friday be acceptable and vice versa?)

  * (x) Yes
  * ( ) No
Comments:

> ---------------------------------
> Joint Meetings:
> ----
> With which other W3C Group would your Group like to meet?
>
>  If your Group would like to meet with more than one group, please list
> the other group in the comment field.

[ Other (please specify below) ] Reply here with a Group name if not in the
list:
IF possible, we'd like to allow any member of the Touch Events Community
Group who is not currently also a member of the PEWG (the overlap here is
quite large) but happens to be at TPAC to join. Despite asking on the TECG
list, I've not had any firm responses...so leaving this as an open
invitation if possible?

> ---------------------------------
> Overlap:
> ----
> Is there another W3C Group with significant membership overlap with your
> group which should NOT be scheduled on the same days?
>
>  If there is more than one group with which you would like to avoid
> overlap, please list in the comment field below.
>
> Note: We will do our best to avoid overlap, but we cannot make any
> guarantees.

[ Other (please specify below) ] Reply here with a Group name if not in the
list:
none

> ---------------------------------
> Observers:
> ----
> Will you allow observers at your meeting?
>
> We ask that Chairs monitor the registration of their Groups and Observer
> requests.

  * (x) Yes --  non-Members with prior agreement from Group Chair (a
non-Member confidential meeting)
  * ( ) Yes -- Members only (considered a Member confidential meeting)
  * ( ) No
Comments:

> ---------------------------------
> Member Confidentiality:
> ----
> Will your meeting be member confidential?
>
> Note: if you indicated above that your Group will allow observers, please
> make sure the Group and observer confidentiality levels match.

  * ( ) Yes
  * (x) No

> ---------------------------------
> Technical Plenary
> ----
> How many of your Group do you estimate will attend the Tech Plenary day
> on Wednesday 21 September?

Comments:
Most

> ---------------------------------
> Advisory Committee Meeting
> ----
> How many of your Group expect to attend the AC Sessions Tuesday and
> Thursday?
>
> Participation in the Tuesday and Thursday portions of the Advisory
> Committee Meeting is open to one Advisory Committee representative from
> each Member organization. The Advisory Board, the TAG, Chairs, Offices
> Staff and Team members are also encouraged to attend the AC discussion
> sessions.

Reply:
1

> ---------------------------------
> Do you want to Join a Chairs Breakfast During TPAC2016?
> ----
> If you are interested in attending a Chairs Breakfast, please tell us
> your preferred date and any topics you would like on the agenda.

  * (x) Yes, I want to have a chair's breakfast
  * ( ) No, I don't want to have a chair's breakfast
Comments:
Being a newly appointed chair, and not having chaired any W3C WG before,
I'd be interested in just a bit of a wayfinding discussion about
expectations, duties, etc. However, this does not have to be done in a
formal way...if no chair's breakfast can be set up, or if this topic is too
specific for my own situation, I can happily liaise with our W3C staff
contact (Doug Schepers) instead.

> These answers were last modified on 25 March 2016 at 09:08:40 U.T.C.
> by Patrick Lauke

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/ChairsTPAC2016/ until 2016-04-15.

  Regards,

  The Automatic WBS Mailer