Re: ACTION-149: Move the pe spec to github (with jacob and rick)

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/7/15 12:04 PM, Pointer Events Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:
>
>> ACTION-149: Move the pe spec to github (with jacob and rick)
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2012/pointerevents/track/actions/149
>>

> I did the import <https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents> (and deleted the
> now obsolete tests directory).
>
> Doug created a new PEWG access group and seeded it with the normal
> suspects <https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/pointer-events-wg> (if anyone
> is missing, please let us know).

Excellent, thank you Art!  I verified I have access.

As expected, the usernames didn't move over entirely, particularly for
> Jacob. Jacob - it appears you can fix this by going to one of your commits
> (f.ex. <https://github.com/w3c/pointerevents/commit/
> 94cc1c8310b66273725b7ecc193cd6f7d9cbda8e>) and following the context menu
> for your name.
>
> ATM, there is only one branch "master". One option is to add a "gh-pages"
> branch and delete the master branch. Any comments, concerns about that
> approach? It would be good to get closure on this so the new ED can be
> "live" (i.e. <https://w3c.github.io/pointerevents/pointerEvents.html/>).

I personally think we should just do that.

I know some other groups (eg. CSSWG) use some tool to do a 2-way sync with
hg and so can still use dvcs.w3.org for serving live pages.  But a single
gh-pages branch seems a lot simpler if it's good enough for us.