Re: Blink does not plan to implement pointer events

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:42:28 +0100
To: public-pointer-events@w3.org
On 26/08/2014 18:36, Matt Brubeck wrote:

> The Win8 "Metro" platform was the first touch-enabled Gecko platform to
> get a complete Pointer Events implementation, but it was never our plan
> to support PE on Metro only.  We've been planning to finish the work to
> get Pointer Events fully implemented on all Gecko platforms.

Thanks for the clarifications, Matt. Out of interest, as Firefox for
Metro (as a separate installer?) has been recently scrapped, is there
any other way to have a play with this on a Win8 touch laptop (without
needing to compile from source from some repo)? Would be happy to help
road-test, report bugs, etc

Patrick H. Lauke