Re: Internet Explorer Mobile Touch Events support

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 31/07/2014 18:38, Jacob Rossi wrote:
>
>> It’s also
>> one reason why (for the time being) we intend for Touch Events to be in
>> IE mobile only.
>>
>> If you have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask.
>>

> So, to be clear, IE11 will behave differently on mobile vs desktop,
> supporting TE in mobile only but not on desktop w/touchscreen? Sounds like
> a potential source of confusing behavior for developers...

FWIW I don't think this is much worse than the compromise we have in Chrome
for the same problem: Chrome behaves different depending on whether we
detect a touchscreen at startup (even though after startup you may attach a
touchscreen or enable devtools touch emulation).  We hope to fix this
<https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=392584>.