Re: Standardisation of Gesture events

On 7/10/14 9:50 AM, Damien Antipa wrote:
> Was there an investigation which patents are exactly covering this?
> Or was this an precautions assumption?

A `web search` would be one source of data. (I am not aware of any W3C
group that has done any analysis re touch patents.)

> Well, yes. I’d like to. Any process I have to follow to do so? I guess
> I’d need a certain amount of people to work with me on it, I can’t be
> the community on my own.

I suspect Rick's thoughts are shared by others. Nevertheless, if you
want to proceed with creating a CG, see
<http://www.w3.org/community/groups/propose_cg/>.

(If you want to first try to build some support for doing spec work in
this area, one possibility is to use something like specifiction
<http://specifiction.org/>. I Cc'ed Robin in case you want to know more
about it.)

-AB