Re: Pull Down to Refresh

We agree getting pull-to-refresh working well on the web is absolutely
critical, it's one of the top priorities for the chrome input team.

I did some original brainstorming here
<https://docs.google.com/a/chromium.org/document/d/1cBYKZMCeeaT6pN3VYu9uox8AXbJKmOaEmpL4BTg5lT4/edit#heading=h.n1849rs1xni3>,
and we've started to execute on that by shipping our 'async touchmove on
scroll' model of touch events in Chrome 36 (http://crbug.com/346693).

tdresser@ has been working on this recently and has some demos.  They're
not perfect yet, but we're getting closer.  Tim, can you share your current
status and links?

Pull to refresh was indeed a topic at the input face-to-face (notes coming
in the next day or so), but we didn't dive into specific solutions in much
detail there.  Instead we agreed it's a problem that we should be working
to solve on multiple angles.  On Chromium we're trying to avoid the
temptation of providing a specific feature and instead focusing on
improving the platform primitives to enable a wide class of features like
this to be built, but this stance is controversial and could ultimately
fail.  The IE team (Jacob cc'd) has been working on their own approach that
better leverages threaded scrolling.  We're continuing to discuss it with
all the browser vendors and will hopefully converge on a set of solutions
over the coming months.  But in the meantime we're letting the scenario
drive concrete changes to Chrome.

Rick