RE: Pointer events – active buttons state & pen devices

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:17:10 +0100
To: Jacob Rossi <jacob.rossi@microsoft.com>, Tim Bannister <isoma@jellybaby.net>, Pointer Events WG <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
> Clicking the barrel button while hovering the screen does not produce a right-click in Windows 8 (and, I think...Windows 7).

I'm a long time tablet-pad user and I can testify this is how my tablet-pad used to work on Windows 7. This is a feature of native Wacom drivers, that I kinda like (and it seems like [1] I'm not alone). However, I believe that the 'hover click' could just emulate a normal click (ie: the pen goes down even if it's up actually) instead of trying something more complex that applications may not understand.

[1] http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/microsoft-windows-7/27619-pen-hover-right-click.html