Re: Point Events test submission/approval process on GitHub

Thanks Matt.

Having a single repository for all tests is definitely not ideal from a
contributor's standpoint. Discoverability is not really easier than having
a separate repo, as long as all test repos are in the same account, and use
consistent naming. But even if it were, that would be dwarfed in comparison
to the notification hell that this has caused. The only possible way to get
sane notifications is for the W3C to build its own notification service
that listens for GitHub events, filters based on directories, and then
sends custom notifications via email.

The fact that issues are enabled is also confusing. Are we filing issues
for bugs in tests or tests that need to be written? If so, they'll be hard
to track. If not, having issues enabled is just an invitation for
incorrectly placed information.

As far as the review process goes, Arthur submitted a pull request [1] 5
weeks ago. It received one comment and has just sat there since. I
submitted a pull request [2] 4 weeks ago, which addressed the one comment
on Arthur's submission and added several more tests (everything that was
already in the jQuery folder in hg). There has been no activity since. How
do the Test Facilitators know when a submission has been reviewed and is
ready to be merged? Is any member from our group allowed to give their
approval or is there a specific representative that must signal approval
from the group?

Most of this is W3C process related, not specific to our group, so I'd be
happy to discuss this with someone from the appropriate team.

I've been waiting for my pull request to be merged before working with Dave
Methvin since it doesn't make sense to have conflicting pull requests open.
On a related note, we should probably just close Arthur's pull request if
we have consensus that my pull request fully covers the test assertions
from his.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/104
[2] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/107