Re: Is touch-action implicitly applied to any elements?

In the second version of your example, switching to -ms-touch-action: auto
on the outer div leaves no -ms-touch-action: none area in the page.
IE10 has a default action on document ( or window?) to use x-axis panning
for back/forward history gesture.
The finger can move around a little bit in the x-axis when dragging, and it
appears the history gesture has no hysteresis.
If you quickly tap the area instead, you will see a MSPointerMove event.