RE: captured pointer events and compatability mouse events

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 00:33:32 +0000
To: Brandon Wallace <brandon.wallace@yahoo.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>
>  If a pointer event is captured and dispatched to the capturing element, will the subsequent compatibility mouse events also be dispatched to the capturing element?
>
> Brandon

Yes. That's not clear from the current spec. So it's something we should make sure gets updated assuming a working group is chartered.  I'll try and think about some better text on pointer capture as there are some specific details that are absent from the current spec (e.g. any security limitations, any effects on :hover/:active, compatibility mouse events, etc.).